Thursday, February 20, 2014

Dating in 30s.. the never ending checklist!!

In continuation of my earlier post.. I would like to clarify that, while I am happily unmarried, I have been exploring all possibilities of meeting someone new.. dating.. and going through the whole grind of relationship development lifecycle.. :-).. If there was a certified course for that, I would had been holding it ;-)

I suppose 30s is probably the most difficult part of life to date... in comparison to 20s and 40s.. I guess 20s its mostly the hormones driving the relationship.. doesn’t matter how inappropriate the match looks.. I guess this is when all the hot girls choose the ugly boys;-)  While 40s is when people are just ready to ignore all the baggages and pursue the flickering light at the end of the tunnel and make something work.. this is when looks doesn’t matter et all, its all about the bank balance and terminal illnesses.. 

30s is a different ball game.. We all have had our share of experiences.. but we haven’t given up on finding the right match (I am not using the word perfect match.. as I have realised by now, it doesn’t exist).. 

Over the years I have worked on a long checklist.. this is not a list of “must have”.. but its a list of “must not have”.. Every failed relationship leads to another few points added to the list.. However, at 30s, no matter how flexible I am with my list.. the probability of me clearing through the other person’s list is almost close to zero.. 

While I haven’t totally given in yet by registering on shaadi.com, I did put in some significant amount of effort to meet new people and joined a singles only networking group. The comforting fact was that I am not the only one in 30s and single.. But meeting someone socially.. having a conversation and asking her out just seems too much of an effort.. 

I was never good at asking someone’s number.. while earlier it was due to the possibility of a rejection and an awkward moment.. now I am more scared that the girl might actually give me her number.. I will call her.. we would date.. spend a few weeks knowing each other and eventually realise that the check list doesn’t match.. poof!!!! at the end of it I have only grown 4 months older not sure how much wiser.. but still single!!.. 

I wish there could be just a software program that makes match making simpler.. like Sheldon found Amy in The Big Bang Theory.. Catchup for a date and straight go back to her place or bring her back to your place and figure out if rest of the things match that the software couldn’t identify.. If not.. move on.. you have at least saved 4 precious months of your life.. While I can only wish for it.. all I am doing is building on my checklist! 

2 comments:

  1. Dump your checklist, it will be easier to find the right match, you can perfect it as you live your life!!.....Prashanth

    ReplyDelete
  2. completely agree with the above comment

    ReplyDelete